Summers in the Indian subcontinent are nothing but a pain. As the temperatures begin to rise the feeling of fatigue, dehydration and being messed up is commonplace and makes it even more difficult to survive the summers. However, staying hydrated is the only way to keep going in the crazy heat and not feel drained. We think a refreshing and healthy drink will do the job perfectly, what say? If you want to know about summer healthy drinks that you can have on a hot summer afternoon without worrying about calories then we have some great options for you.
Summer Drinks You Can Indulge In Without Any Guilt
When talking about healthy drinks in summer then /kiwi Mojito is the best one to start with. Rich in antioxidants, vitamins and fiber, this drink is low in calories that should be your go-to during summers.
- 7-8 kiwis cut into quarters
- 1-2 limes
- ¼ cup sugar or sugar syrup
- Mint leaves
- Sparkling water
- 3 sliced kiwis
- Put the peeled kiwi in a blender and add the sugar syrup or sugar and lime juice. Blend it till it becomes like a smooth paste.
- Now add the mint leaves, ice cubes and the sliced kiwi into the mix.
- Add sparkling water and stir.
- Taste and if done, it’s ready to serve.
One of the most summer season healthy drinks is a strawberry cooler. Strawberry tastes like a fresh breeze and when mixed with lemons and mint it truly tastes like heaven.
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups water
- ⅕ cup of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of sugar or sugar syrup
- Crushed ice
- Add the strawberries, water, lemon juice and sugar or sugar syrup to the blender and blend it until it becomes smooth.
- And you are done!
- Serve chilled and if you want you can garnish with strawberries.
No, not the ones you get at ice cream parlors but ones that you can prepare at home. Homemade mango shake is a summer healthy drink that is definitely going to refresh you. Mangoes are loaded with nutrients like Vitamin A, D, C and iron so this drink will definitely add nutritive value to your diet.
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 10-15 cashews and almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp sliced nuts for garnishing
- Add the mango, milk, sugar, cashews and almonds, and vanilla extract to a blender and blend until you get a smooth puree.
- Now pour it in a glass and garnish with sliced nuts.
- Serve cold.
When talking about healthy drinks in summer how can we miss out on the best summer fruit there is? Yes, we are talking about watermelon. A fruit that has upto 92% water content is a great choice to keep yourself hydrated and a watermelon slushie is a brilliant way to do so.
- 5 cups of frozen watermelon cubes
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 large lemon’s juice
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup filtered water
- Add the watermelon cubes, maple syrup, lemon juice, mint leaves and water in a blender and blend.
- Now add a few ice cubes and blend again until you get the consistency you would like in your slushie.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve chilled.
So, these are some of the summer healthy drinks that you should have on a hot day to refresh yourself. If you would like to know how to include them in your diet plan to stay hydrated and avail all the health benefits you can get out of these then you can get in touch with our certified nutritionists with FITFEAST and learn about the same. You can have a conversation with a nutritionist, clear your diet-related queries and get a personalized diet plan to include more fruits in your diet. Activate FITFEAST by FITPASS to stay hydrated and energized this summer and include these summer drinks in your diet.